This event is now over
Project Management Institute
Pune Deccan-India Chapter
Making project management indispensable for business results. ®
Invitation for the 109th Monthly Seminar
PMI Pune Deccan-India Chapter is pleased to invite you for interesting and thought provoking seminar:
High Level Agenda
10:00 to 10:15 Registration
10:15 to 10:45 First Topic name: “PMBOK v4 to v5
Theme: Project Management Tools & Techniques
Speakers: Mr. Shyam Bhavsar
10:45 to 11:00 Felicitation of new PMP certified professionals and announcements.
11:00 to 11:20 Networking with Tea/Coffee & Refreshments
11:20 to 1:00 Second Topic Name: “Taking control on evolving own career path through self-development (Part 2)”
Theme: Career Development
Format: Interactive session
Speaker: Panel coordinated by Mr. Rajarama Rao B
Topic abstract for “PMBOK v4 to v5”
Presentation would be around the following questions:
What has changed re: project management fundamentals?
What Knowledge Area has been added?
What processes have been added, deleted, or changed?
What Inputs, Tools and Techniques, and Outputs have changed?
Where to go for more details about the changes PMI made to the PMBOK®
How extensive are the changes?
Profile of the speaker – “Shyam Bhavsar”
Shyam Bhavsar, PMP® CISM®
Vice President- Development
• Professional with more than 28+ years of experience in the field of Project Management, Information Security, Delivery Management, Risk Management and Network Technology.
• Working with IBM as Leader- ICS West Region for networking business.
• Adaptive Project Management professional with extensive experience in strategic planning, project management, business assessment, process design, knowledge management, technical and financial analysis.
• Project Manager with solid background in leading and mentoring cross functional, geographically diverse teams to successfully complete multiple projects simultaneously.
• More than twelve years experience as Project Manager for IT Infrastructure Project, maintenance of Networking and Infra setup.
• 15+ years of field experience in Electronics gadget manufacturing Fields.
Topic abstract for “Taking control on evolving own career path through self-development (Part 2)”
A panel discussion by eminent speakers and leaders coordinated by Mr. Rajarama Rao B. This session would focus on the ways we can leverage different options to take our career growth forward. Following are the intended discussion points for the panel discussion:
• ·Emphasize why everyone aspiring to make progress in their careers should seriously consider self-development and take control of evolving their own career path
• ·Create awareness among members on various approaches for self-development to evolve their career path
• ·Highlight important skills required at various career levels
• ·Strategies for breaking away from lower career level to higher career level
• ·Guide members belonging to Junior Management, Middle Management and senior management roles on how they should ideally transition across roles
• ·Pitfalls of someone having privilege of fast track career advancement (read, people receiving promotions solely due to organizational need of the hour or need for retention)
Panelists would be the same that were there for part 1 of this series, this time coordinated by “Rajarama Rao B”
Monthly seminar is FREE FOR ALL / NO Entry FEE; However, prior registration is necessary
1. Please share this information with other interested acquaintances / your friends, they need not have to be Pune Deccan Chapter member
2. Practicing PMPs can earn 1 to 2 PDUs by attending seminar
3. Non paid members may subscribe to On Target Newsletter by paying marginal amount of INR 100/- annually. All payments must be paid in advance. Checks payable to: "PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter", Payable at: Pune, India. You may bring the check on seminar day and handover to Sangeeta Zaparde (Finance Director), Shyam Bhavsar (Marketing & Communications Director) OR Himanshu Warudkar (Programs Director). Please write your Name, email ID & Date of Subscription backside of the check.
About PMI Pune Deccan Chapter
PMI Pune Deccan Chapter is committed towards Supporting PMI's goal: "Worldwide, organizations will embrace, value and utilize project management and attribute their success to it." To promote project management discipline in the region. To provide various knowledge enriching benefits to the members of PMI Pune chapter. To promote Project Management as a functional discipline in Engineering & Management schools with active participation and support from PMI Pune Chapter
Good Things Happen When You Join PMI – Pune Chapter!
Web & Social Media:
LinkedIn - Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4047678&trk=hb_side_g
LinkedIn – Follow us - http://www.linkedin.com/company/pmi-pune-deccan-india-chapter
Twitter: #pmi_punechapter | http://twitter.com/pmi_punechapter
Advertise with Us
Advertise with us and reach a community of 9000+ focused group! If you or your organization would like to give Advertisements in our Chapter's Quarterly Newsletter "On Target" or would like to Advertise on chapter's website then contact our Marketing & Communications Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you or your organization would like to sponsor Chapter Activities / Events / Workshops / Gifts, or would like to know what you can sponsor then contact our Corporate Relations Director: email@example.com
PMI Pune chapter is a non-profit professional organization managed by volunteers. All members are encouraged to get involved in Chapter activities as a volunteer and take advantage of the valuable opportunity to learn and grow professionally/personally and at same time earn Professional Development Units (PDUs). Only with continued support from the members, Chapter is able to provide year-round variety of project management related activities. If you are interested in volunteering, please send mail to our Director Volunteer Management: at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertisements / Media: Rinoo Rajesh, email@example.com
General Information: Omkar Gurjar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Office - email@example.com
November 16, 2013
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Pune Shramik Patrakar Sangh
Cummins Auditorium, 193 Navi Peth, Ganjwe Chowk
Near Alka Talkies, Garware bridge & S. M. Joshi hall